This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Step by step walkthrough to get sample working?

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:40 AM
Hi,
Trying the DBWebAPI, I get stuck and all calls 404 or return 'Authorization has been denied for this request.'.
Do you have a step-by-step to get the samples working with a local SQL Server?
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2015 at 7:37 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I thought that connectionString in web.config is the only one thing need to be changed for getting the samples working.
The sample is working in enterprise intranet environment by default. So you may notice that
<system.web>
  <authentication mode="Windows" />
</system.web>
in the sample web.config file.

Not sure what environment you are trying in? If you are not in a Windows domain, you can remove above '<authentication mode="Windows" />' and then try again.
Could you let me know more about your test environment, such as Active Directory or single-machine, web server (IIS or VS Dev Server), test clients (IE browser, Fiddler or PowerShell)?

DBWebAPI is still a ASP.NET Web API. Basically, it follows the same setup steps as an empty ASP.NET Web API project.

Looking forward to your new progress,

Abel
Jun 5, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Hi, thanks for your fast response!
I'm running on a non domain joined laptop. I commented out that tag in web.config, and got the same error. However, that got me thinking, and I also commented out the [DbWebApiAuthorize] line in DbWebAPIController.cs, and voila! I request http://localhost:6868/dbo.mystoredprocname/?StateCode=FL and got my data back as JSON!

Too cool for school, it 'just' works. :)

Now to look into that [DbWebApiAuthorize] and see if I can authorize from a given IP, or particular user.
Thanks!
Marked as answer by AbelCheng on 6/10/2015 at 1:54 PM